This year’s tournament is scheduled for June 2, 2012
- There will be a Captain’s meeting at Shore Tackle (in Kent Narrows next to Fisherman’s Inn) at 5:00 pm. Refreshments will be served, the rules will be outlined, rulers for measuring fish will be passed out as well as tournament shirts. For those that can’t get to the captain’s meeting and live on the western shore, they can pick up the rulers at Angler’s Sport’s Center after 9:00 am on Thursday, June 1.
- Lines can go in no earlier than 5:30 am
- Winners will be determined by photos only and fish should be measured on the special rulers for the photo. Final time for having your photos in is 3:30 pm (you must be in line at the judge’s computer station in the Jetty no later than 3:30 pm).
- Food and beverages will be served starting at 3:00 pm at the Jetty (the beer tap will no doubt be turned on before 3:00 pm). Shirts will be passed out for those not at the captain’s meeting.
- Prizes will be awarded for three divisions – fly, light tackle, & kayak (1st, 2nd &3rd places).
Register Online Today
Last Year’s Results
Greater Washington Chapter Member Norm Braveman caught the largest fish in last year’s CCA MD Kent Narrows Catch and Release Tournament capturing the Challenge Club for Greater Washington Chapter for the first time in the eight years of the tourney. Fishing with Captain Mike Critzer, Braveman caught a 31 and 1/4 inch striper for first place in the light tackle division. Jeff Nicklason (Kent Narrows Chapter) won the fly division with a 24 and 5/8 inch fish.
Other top finishers were–
Light Tackle Division
Paul Shelton , second place, 28 1/2 inches
Steve Dodson (Anne Arundel Chapter(, third place, 27 1/8 inches
Gary Neitzey (Kent Narrows Chapter), second place, 23 1/2 inches
Ed Liccione (Kent Narrows Chapter), third place,