8 Days to Clean Up the Bay
trash and plastic debris is a problem in waterways around the world. From July 25th – August 2nd, we ask you to get outside and help clean up your local waterway or community. This is a simple task that can be done safely under current conditions, and then repeated throughout the year moving forward.
This event runs through iAngler just like a fishing tournament, but instead of submitting fish, you will submit a photo of your “catch” of trash! The more trash photos you submit, the greater your chances of winning random prizes including CCA Maryland stainless drinkware, shirts, hats and more…
To participate, simply:
- Download the free iAngler Tournament Application via ccamd.org/cleanup.
- Search for the CCA Cleanup event page.
- Register with a username and password.
- Then, head out to a place along the water to safely pick up trash.
- Photograph your haul and any notable finds and post them in the iAngler app,
- just as you would a trophy fish. You may also post your “catch” via an internet browser, if you prefer.
- Dispose of or recycle your haul as appropriate.
One lucky CCA Maryland member who participates will win an Engel Backpack Cooler!!
All who participate during the week will be entered in a chance to WIN by submitting your photos via iAngler Tournament. Not app savy? Don’t let that stop you from getting outside to help clean up. Send pictures to Jocelyn@ccamd.org if apps are your thing!
Membership is not required to participate but please JOIN CCA TODAY!
Register to Help Clean Up the Bay Here!
*** Remember to follow all guidelines for social distancing and use gloves, spikes, or trash grabbers to pick up any trash***