June 5, 2021
Enjoy a day on the water while competing for great prizes and bragging rights! Anglers of all skill levels are invited to participate.
Registration is done on an individual basis, with up to 4 anglers participating on a team/vessel.
CCA Membership is required so check your status and make sure your membership is current. Not a member yet? Non-member registration includes CCA Membership or adds 1-year to your existing membership.
How to Participate
The 18th Annual Kent Narrows Fly and Light Tackle Tournament is a Catch-Photo-Release tournament managed in partnership with the Angler Action Foundation using the iAngler Tournament smartphone application.
To register for this event:
- Complete the registration form on our Registration Page here
- One Tournament T-Shirt is included with your registration so make sure to select your size
- You will receive a confirmation email with a coupon code and instructions
- Create a User Account at ianglertournament.com if you don't have one already & log in
- Follow the link in your email to register on the iAngler website or app and enter the coupon code during checkout
- Download the iAngler mobile app, head out on the water & start fishing!
If you need assistance with logging in with your existing account or have any other registration issues, please contact David Sikorski via email or by texting or calling (443)621-9186
Look for this logo when downloading the FREE iAngler Tournament app.
Tournament Divisions & Rules
The following divisions are based on how an angler catches their qualifying fish.
Click each division below for more information.
The 3 fish stringer division includes a top 3 fish caught by an individual or team of up to 4 anglers.
- Youth anglers(free entry) are not included as a team member for the 4 person limit. If a youth angler would like to compete as a team member they should enter using the standard entry levels.
Compete for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd LONGEST ROCKFISH
1st, 2nd, 3rd LONGEST ROCKFISH
1st, 2nd, 3rd LONGEST ROCKFISH
PRIZES: Winners' choice:
ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ACCORDING TO MARYLAND RECREATIONAL FISHING REGULATIONS AND ON HOOK AND LINE.
- FISHING BOUNDARIES: Maryland Tidal Waters of the Chesapeake Bay and it's Tributaries
- SPECIES: Striped Bass / Rockfish (Catch, Photo, Release Only) Yellow and White Perch, NEW FOR 2020 - Snakehead & Blue Catfish. ALL ROCKFISH shall be released in a manner to maximize health and survivability of the released fish.
- LINES IN: SUNRISE: 5:40 a.m. June 5, 2021
- LINES OUT/PICTURE SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SUNSET 8:28 p.m. June 5, 2021
- ALLOWED FISHING TACKLE:
- Fly and Light Tackle only.
- Artificial lures or flies only.
- Artificial scent, liquid/gel color or lure enhancement allowed for Light Tackle only.
- No Trolling
- NEW FOR 2020 - Live/Dead Bait MAY BE used for TRAEGER Invasive Species Division ONLY - Circle Hooks must be used for Catfish & left in mouth for pictures.
- All occupants on a vessel must be entered in the tournament. MAX 4 per vessel (not counting youth)
- Youth catch does not count for any other division or as part of team stringer unless youth has paid full entry therefore removing them from youth division.
- Participants may not change boats during the tournament.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to examine the embedded metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of picture. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the judge’s discretion. Judges may ask to view the original image on your phone or camera. Failure to provide an original image may result in disqualification
- Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any participant’s ruler before, during, or after judging and disqualify any catch if a ruler modification is suspected. Failure to present the ruler to judges at their request may result in disqualification.
- No fish below the legal size limit may be entered.(<19")
- NO FISH SHOULD COVER THE RULER COMPLETELY.
- Any fish caught longer than 48” should be photographed next to the ruler
- Measurements will be made to nearest 1/4”
- To properly measure a fish, place it directly next to or on top of the ruler, w/ the nose towards the zero mark. Any length of fish beyond the zero inches mark of the ruler will not count towards the official length. Rulers MAY NOT be modified in any way, but it IS RECOMMENDED that a fish be placed against a bulkhead, or attached to a board to allow the snout of the fish to be even with the zero mark.
- The overall fish length will be judged based on the image you provide from the snout to the tip of the tail. The tail may be pinched.
- Tournament participants will be provided a tournament identifier after sunset on Friday June 4th via iAngler and on CCA Maryland's Facebook page. The Identifier must be visible in all pictures and may be printed out, drawn on a hand or ruler, or be made visible in all pictures of fish. FOR SAMPLE IMAGE CLICK THIS LINK: https://www.ccamd.org/CPRsample
- A single, clear and readable photo of your catch should be taken against the 48” CCA MD ruler.
- Those received at a previous years CCA MD or Boat Yard Bar and Grill Tournament are allowed.
- New RELEASENSE rulers may be picked up at Island Tackle Outfitters and other local tackle shops.
- PROTEST: All participants reserve the right to challenge any photo judgement OR report any possible rule infraction before SUNSET on June 5th when judging ends, and final scores are posted online. ANY PROTEST MUST BE SENT TO INFORMATION@CCAMD.ORG Please include description of possible error or infraction, any evidence, and contact information for those who wish to be interviewed by judges.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry and have final say in determination of fish length by a 2/3 majority vote.
- Tie breaker determined by time of entry or when stringer length is achieved.
- CATCH SUBMISSION DETAILS:
- Pictures shall be submitted via the iAngler Tournament smart phone app BEFORE LINES OUT - Sunset 8:28pm.
- Time will be determined by the iAngler Tournament server clock, allow for a few min buffer for upload.
- No catch logged after 8:28pm will count in the tournament.
- In case of a tie, the individual that turns in their catch first or team reaches the stringer length first is the winner.
- Participants must confirm that their catch has been recorded properly, and can do so through the iAngler Tournament Scoreboard throughout the day.
- Youth participants without a smartphone or email may be connected to an adults account PRIOR to lines in for catch logging purposes.
- If fishing on a boat with multiple participants you may submit catch under one persons name, or add an anglers name in the notes section of the catch submission.
- As a LAST RESORT Participants with technical dificulties may text message catch to 443-621-9186, or call to trouble shoot during fishing.
Sunrise 5:40am June 5, 2021
Lines Out/Picture Submission Deadline:
Sunset 8:28pm June 5, 2021