Put your talents to work!
CCA’s Living Reef Action Campaign is an educational and restoration campaign that offers a variety of opportunities for community organizations, public & private school classes, and corporate teams to play a role in oyster restoration. CCA and BCT members are proud of the innovative work this project continues to demonstrate through its efforts of putting oyster shells back into the Chesapeake Bay waters while also creating new reef habitat in which all types of marine life make their home while young oysters can attach and grow, ensuring their recovery to continue improving water quality and promote the oyster population recovery.
By donating your time and providing donations, CCA has been able to continue creating educational opportunities for students across the state while building more reefs in our Chesapeake Bay. Your support allows students from 4th grade through 12th grade across the state to engage in a variety of stewardship opportunities that give them a sense of ownership in creating and restoring our natural resources.
What has CCA and Building Conservation Trust accomplished?
- Completed more than $250,000 in Chesapeake Bay habitat restoration projects
- Created more than 300 concrete reef balls that are restoring reef habitat and more than 600,000 oysters
- Recycled more than 300,000 oyster shells which have are restoring more than 3 Million Oyster back to the Chesapeake
- Since March 2015 we have engaged more than 1000 students in building reef ball habitat for oyster restoration
- Recipient of the “Project of the Year” award from Carroll County’s Environmental Advisory Council
- Presented the “Outstanding Community Leadership” Award from the Maryland Recycling Network
- Awarded a Maryland General Assembly Official Citation of Appreciation signed by House Delegate Susan Krebs
- Together with the City of Westminster, we host an annual Oyster Stroll Festival that has been attended by more than 2000 people which promotes sustainable oyster harvest by featuring only farmed raised oysters from Aquaculture farms throughout Maryland and Virginia. www.oysterstrollmd.com
Reach out to us today about getting your Company or School involved in the Living Reef Action Campaign. Please complete the form below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]